Do You Have a Website for Your
Real Estate Business?
Does Your Website Bring You Enough Leads for Your
Real Estate Business?
If you don't have a website to promote your real estate business or don't have the right kind of website you're missing out on an incredible amount of buisness.
Let's look at a few facts…
- 80% of all home buyers used the Internet at some point in their search for a home.1
- 76% of Internet buyers find their agent online.2
- 66% of prospective Buyers work with the first agent they contact.2
- 69% of prospective Sellers work with the first agent they contact.3
- 81% of home buyers who used the Internet to search for a home purchased through a real estate agent3
- Having a website where buyers can preview homes cuts down on your time showing houses. Internet buyers on average only look at 6.1 homes while traditional buyers look at 15.4.2
- 62% of the top producers have websites.2
Now if 80% of the home buyers are looking on the Internet for homes and 76% of them find their agent online and 66% of them work with the first agent they contact that alone should have you clamoring for a website at this very minute.
You need to have a web presence—it's no longer optional—it's a necessity.
Now given the facts above it only makes common sense to have a website available for both new prospects and your existing clients. You may even need more than one if you have a specific niche you work.
But you don't want just any website…
Not all websites are created equal…
- Some are beautifully designed but ineffective.
- Some look like carnivals and are very confusing.
- Some let you look for homes and some don't.
- Some can be personalized and some can't.
- Some you can add content to and some you can't.
- Some are search engine friendly and others are not.
So as you can see there's a lot to consider when you're looking at websites for your real estate business.
The most important feature you need to have on your website is the ability for your prospects to search for homes and property. This feature alone makes or breaks a website. In fact, if you have a website now that doesn't allow your prospects to search for homes shut it down - you're wasting your money. All you really have is a glorified business card.
If you're considering a website that doesn't allow your prospects to search for homes keep looking - this is an absolute "must have".
You need to get serious about the most important tool for real estate agents since the cell phone, your website.
Learn more about…What's In It For You >>>
1. NAR Technology Survey 2006
2. NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers 2003
3. NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers 2006